Once you make this homemade recipe, you’ll never go back to store-bought! Pork Jerky is can be very expensive to buy in store – they can go from 10 to 20 dollars per 100g. With this recipe, we only need a few simple ingredients at a fraction of the cost. Within 30mins of cooking time, you’ll have juicy, tender and amazingly delicious pork jerky.
- 600g ground pork (at least 20% fat is better)
- 100g sugar
- 2 tsp five-spice
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Canton rice wine
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
Glaze：2 tbsp honey + 1 tsp light soy sauce
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- Stir in one direction until the meat is sticky.
- Cover it up and marinate for 3 hours.
- Place half of the marinated meat onto parchment paper.
- Spread out with a spoon. Cover with a large piece of plastic wrap, using a rolling pin, roll the meat to a thin layer of about 2mm thick.
- Transfer the meat to a baking sheet. Bake in a 325F preheated oven for 18 minutes
- Take out the meat from the oven and pour out the roasted gravy.
- Brush with the honey soy sauce. Return to a preheated 425F oven, broil for 3 minutes.
- Then flip and brush honey soy sauce. Return to the oven and broil for another 3 minutes.
- Once done it should have a beautiful sugar caramel colour, cut it up into small pieces. It’s nice and glossy! Enjoy!!