Hotteok is one of those foods, that I wish I could have grown up with.
- 200g All Purpose Flour
- 100g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 200ml water
* I enjoy a variety but you can just use peanuts or whatever you’d like 🙂 *
- 50-100 g assorted nuts
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil for Pan-Frying the Hotteok and a bit to put on your hands…trust me, you’ll need it.
- Combine all the dough ingredients in one bowl and knead until smooth and sticky. If it is a bit too dry, add a few tbsp of water at a time to get it a little bit sticky
- Set the dough aside so that it can rise. (1-2 hours or double in size)
- Chop the Nuts and combine with all the filling ingredients
- Heat up a frying pan with some vegetable oil to a medium high heat. (It’s okay to have the dough swimming a bit but 3 tbsp should be enough) Also use some oil to put on your hands
- Take a piece of dough in between a golfball and tennis ball size (Sorry, Not sure how else to describe it haha) and flatten it in your hand
- Put about 1.5 tbsp of filling (More or less depending on your dough size) and fold over the dough to close it off (Like shown in the video) It should look like a ball by the end of it
- Put the dough ball into the pan with the seam facing down. Don’t squish it yet!!!
- After the bottom is golden brown, flip over the hotteok and squish it nice and flat with a spatula. Or if you have one of those fancy hotteok squisher things that’s nice too ^^
- Once both sides are nice and golden, remove them from the heat 🙂
- Make as many as you want and enjoy 🙂 Just be careful not to burn your mouth!!!