Something addictive about the tingling numbing sensation on your lips. This dish is a perfect winter warmer.
- 500g ground pork
- 360g pack of tofu, cubed (I used firm as there wasn’t any silken available at time of shopping)
- 2 tbsp sichuan peppercorns, ground in pestle mortar
- 5 dried red chillies, chopped
- Thumb sized ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp spicy dou ban jiang
- Enough chicken stock to cover
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch slurry
- 3 spring onions, white part chopped for cooking, green part for garnish
- Fry the spices in some oil till fragrant, add ginger and garlic and cook then add the pork and cook out all moisture till dried and beginning to crisp.
- Add the dou ban jiang, mix well and cook for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, careful not to break the tofu.
- Garnish with spring oniong and serve with a mountain of rice.