A quick, easy recipe and if I closed my eyes, I felt as if I was tasting them on an Athenian street corner!
- 500gms plain flour
- 7gms dry yeast sachet
- 8 ml honey
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch salt
- 250gms sesame seeds
- 300ml warm water
- Combine flour, yeast, salt, honey, oil and knead lightly to combine
- Add water gradually to make a dough
- Flour a work surface and knead for 5 minutes. Set aside (cover with tea towel) in a warm place to prove for 30 minutes.
- Place sesame seeds on a tray.
- When dough has doubled in size, divide it into portions.
- Roll each into thin sausage logs about 40 cms long. Dip them in a tray fill with warm water. Roll in sesame seeds to cover. Press ends together to form a ring.
- Place on baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180C or until golden brown.