Spinach and cheese pites for a Sunday afternoon snack.
200 gms Greek plain yoghurt
2 cups self raising flour
Oil for brushing.
150g baby spinach
200g feta cheese
1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese or more to taste
1. Combine flour and yoghurt and mix with a fork until a ball is formed.
2.Knead dough on a floured board for 2-3 minutes.
3. Cut into 8 portions .
1.Pour boiling water over baby spinach and then drain wilted spinach.
2. Add crumbled feta and mozzarella cheese to spinach and mix through .
1. Roll each dough ball into a 25cm round and place a portion of filling on one half.
2.Brush with water around edges.
3. Fold each dough in half and press together the edges and roll up.
4.Brush each pita top and bottom with oil. Heat a non stick frying pan to medium to low heat .
5. Cook each side until golden ‘eyes appear.
If you prefer to leave spinach raw , you can. I did both but prefer to wilt and add lots more spinach to each pita.