Airfry Lemongrass Chicken thighs with skin on! So delicious and easy
- 12 chicken drumsticks/thighs (one family pack)
- 2 tbsp finely minced lemongrass
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy paste (or can use more oyster sauce instead)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp crushed garlic chili
- 2 tbsp olive olive
Method (Lemongrass Chicken)
- Mince lemongrass and garlic to a fine consistency. Tip: I freeze my lemongrass in 4-inch cuttings so that I always have it ready on hand. The frozen lemongrass is also much easier to slice and mince than fresh.
- In a bowl, add minced lemongrass, minced garlic, garlic powder, sugar, oyster sauce, soy paste (may substitute with all oyster sauce if you don’t have soy paste), sriracha, and crushed garlic chili. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- To ensure even cooking of drumsticks, filet them using kitchen shears. Slit the side where the meat is shorter and spread out as flat as possible.
- Rub marinade on both sides of drumsticks, cove and marinate for 30-minutes or overnight. You can also pre-prepare and freeze for even easier meals!
- Pre-heat airfryer to 375°F and set timer for 18-minutes. Flipping halfway or when airfryer chimes. Cold thighs may need 3-4 additional minutes. Get internal temp to 165°F.
- Add olive oil to drumsticks and mix throughly before airfrying.
Serve with rice and veggies. I enjoy mine with a cabbage salad and fresh herbs!