Bill Cosby can’t be wrong in promoting Pudding Pops. Make your own with a few additions/substitutions and you can have your sweet tooth satisfied without the gajillion calories and fat as ice cream. I try to make treats that are a bit healthier to fool myself into thinking it’s better than the junk I usually eat.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 Tablespoons warm peanut butter
- Pour the cold milk into a large bowl; whisk the pudding mix into the cold milk until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter into the pudding until the peanut butter is evenly distributed throughout the mixture. Spoon the mixture into popsicle molds, tapping the mold on a hard surface to allow any air bubbles to escape.
- Store in freezer until completely frozen solid, 5 hours to overnight. Running warm water over the outside of the mold will make it easier to remove the pops.
- I used skim milk and keep it low-fat
- I used all natural peanut butter because who needs more perservatives??
Next Time I’ll try:
- Cut up some banana in pieces
- Add some type of nuts (sliced almonds, crushed walnuts/peanuts)
- Puree some banana in it another time
- Try different flavour combinations:
- Banana pudding and peanut butter
- Pistachio pudding and mini dark chocolate chips
- Vanilla pudding and Nutella
Check out some other pudding pop and yogurt pop and fruit pops under the Frozen Treats category