Soutzoukakia with fries. A post for those not fasting 😅 its such a delicious winter meal. Aromatic tomato sauce and soft tasty meatballs.
Ingredients for Soutzoukalia
- 400 gr minced meat beef
- 350gr minced meat pork
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100ml milk
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon chiliflakes
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- Chopped mint
- Flour for rolling the meatballs
- Oil for frying
1. Add the garlic to a foodprosessor with oil and mix it completely
2. Pour in a bowl and add milk, ouzo, and the eggs and mix
3. Add the bread, chopped mint and spices. Mix everything well with your hands.
4. Add the meat and the onion and mix well.
5. Let the meatmix rest 30 minutes in fridge
6. Shape them as small sausages and roll then in flour
7. Heat the oil and fry the meatballs until they are nice colored. Put aside
Ingredients for Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 stock cube
- 300ml water
- 800 gr crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
1. Heat oliveoil in a pan, finely chop the onion and add sugar, caramelize the onion. Add garlic.
2. Add tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes
3. Add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, stock, cube, crushed tomatoes and the water
4. Mix everything well and add the meatballs. Let it simmer for 30 minutes until the tomato sauce has become more thick.