Homemade pork jerky (chu yuk gone)! Taught by someone’s dear mother 🤤
- 2 lbs. lean ground pork
- 225g sugar
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
*optional: add chilli oil to make a spicy version*
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix. You really want to work the ground pork until it becomes a paste and comes together.
- Let it sit overnight in the fridge to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 225F and line two baking trays with aluminum foil.
- Evenly divide pork onto the trays and spread (try to reach into the very edges/corners of the tray).
- Bake for 45 mins.
- Drain the excess liquid and cut pork into four pieces (this will make it easier to flip later on).
- Increase oven temperature to 350F.
- Place back into oven and bake in 5 minute intervals. Flip pork during each interval and watch oven carefully (because there’s a lot of sugar, the pork will begin to caramelize quickly)
Cut into strips and enjoy!!!