Although the new year started last week, it was still holiday mode. Today is the first day where everyone is back from vacation at both work and school. Back to the grind. For me, it’s back to intermittent fasting (IF) and making a better choices. And for me it started yesterday with some meal prep.
- Roasted veggies – tossed in olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Sweet potato
- Granola – it’s great as a cereal with milk, hot oatmeal, great with yogurt or just a snack. Increased to 4 cups oats.
- Sliced almonds
- Oat flakes
- Steel cut oats
- Chia seeds
- Flax seed
- Wheat germ
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- BBQ rib bits – usually I steam it with garlic and black bean (pai gwut), but decided to just slow bake it in the oven with the granola
- BBQ sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
And sipped on a glass wine while I was at it
What’s hard about starting IF again is that morning hunger. Once I get over it it’s not bad. Not looking foward to shrinking my stomach to condition my body to eat less. It’s a necessity, but doesn’t mean it will be fun. I love to eat. I love food.
The plan is to get back to what I was doing before when this new gig started and blogged about the first month of the job and IF. So this post is Day 1 of IF Reboot. The plan is:
- Breakfast – water and green tea
- Lunch – spinach salad topped with roasted veggie and 2 pieces of home made baked ham
- Snack – granola, a fruit if there’s any freebies at work.
- Dinner – not sure what the hubby has in mind. With the new year comes kids activities again. Not even sure which days yet, but just need to figure the routine. This is where left overs save us.
Hopefully I can stick with it today and moving forward. I gained back 2 of the 4 that I lost. A diluted tbsp of apple cider vinegar is definitely on the list. I think I might even splurge and buy a bottle while at work. Although Christmas was expensive AF, kids activities, groceries, water/electricity because of the dialysis….basically life, makes me think I should hold off till February. What’s another month?
I think this post took a turn because I’m hungry. 😂