Was bread making day today. One of the loaves i made was this Garlic Parmesan and Oregano white loaf. It’s all finished within 2 hrs out the oven. Delicious. I always enjoy making bread.
The family loved it and are begging me to make it again.
- 500 grams bread flour (I added a conversion table at end of post)
- 1 sachet dry yeast (7gm)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cups tepid water (more if needed)
- Combine dry ingredients. Add water and knead with hands or with dough hook in mixer. Approx 8 min. Or until dough is smooth and soft.
- Set aside in lightly oiled bowl covered for 1 hr until doubled in size.
- In a bowl combine approx 2/3 c parmesan cheese. 3 garlic cloves minced or finely diced. And lots of Oregano.
- When dough has doubled. Place on floured bench. Slightly flatten out and add a layer down one side the cheese mixture.
- Roll over dough to just cover and more cheese mixture. Lightly knead. Shape your bread accordingly place on a baking tray floured with semolina. Sprinkle more semolina over bread and set aside covered with tea towel to rise again. (45 min)
- Score bread bake in hot oven 200 degrees celsius until nicely browned
Notes – ideas for next time
- Use roasted garlic
- Swap out parm, garlic and oregano for olives and rosemary
- Maybe use some whole wheat flour to bump up the nutrients