Diet Dayz / The Grind

New Job – Day 11 and Intermittent Fasting Day 15

My phone is old af apparently. It meets my needs, but to work with the firm’s technology it’s old and needs more space. I’ve been down there 3 times at an hour + each time and it’s still not done. And so the stuff they have been able to do is eating up more data. I will be getting a stipend so maybe need to upgrade my good enough plan. My issue is if I leave this job I’m stuck with a bigger plan than I want to pay for on my own. Ah well, cross that bridge then. Week 3 and feel like I’ve been there for awhile. Feeling pretty comfortable with many of the usuals I see daily. Met a new face in the staff lounge and she was great. Friendly and full of energy. Perfect combo.

I am sitting in on another training session again. This time with a different purpose. First break wasn’t until 11:15-11:30 am. The mornings are getting easier (at work anyway. The weekend still needs some discipline) to achieve the 16-hours fast if I finish eating by 7pm the night before.

Ate another 2 packets of oatmeal again – 1 plain and 1 maple and brown sugar. I know I need to wean myself to just one packet, but the plain is too bland. I like that it’s warm so not really feeling making my own overnight oatmeal that you leave I’m the fridge. I don’t mind the Chia seed pudding cold, so need to bring that again. I made a small little snack plate of beet crackers, sea salt rice crackers and one cranberry cookie. That’s what happens when you don’t pack healthy snacks. Ugh. Not good.

On a side note of TMI, since I haven’t had my usual baby carrots and hummus snack for 4 days my poop is soft again. I was pooping nuggets like a rabbit when I was eating all those carrots. I drank a lot of water so I’m pretty sure it was the carrots.

Food log for work:

  • 2 cups Green tea, 6 cups water
  • 2 packets oatmeal
  • Salad, roast veggies, roast beef (made from dinner last night)
  • Crackers and a cookie
  • 6 chocolate covered cashews

My foot got worse and by the end of the day it looked like a marshmallow it was so swollen and painful. I went to my doctor office’s after-hours care and waited 2.5 hours. It felt like an eternity with a tired husband and toddler. By the 2-hour mark everyone wanted to cry. Baby lasted 1.5 hours, so that last hour was brutal. By the time I got I to the little roo. To see the doctor my bp was 158/105. Ffs! I got the requisition for an x-ray, recommendations were basically rest, ice it, elevate, and advice for the swelling. She touched it and at first I thought it was fine cause although sore it was bearable. But when she tough the joint I yelped and I cried. Fak! I’ve been walking using the side of my foot to not put pressure on my big toe. She doesn’t think it’s just a stubbed toe due to the amount of swelling, I couldn’t move it and the level of pain, it has been under 24 hours and it’s only gotten worse, but I was holding out that maybe by tomorrow it will get better. I just don’t want to have arthritis or some bone issue when I get older. By the time I got home and finished eating the rice noodles and cha-siu the hubby and baby picked up, it was 9:30 pm.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.