In my continuous love of Greek food, here’s another great recipe. My understanding this is also Finikia in Middle Eastern bakeries.
They never will last long in this household. 😘
- 1 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 Orange
- Zest of one orange
- 2 Tbs brandy
- 1 egg
- half cup sugar
- 3-4 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Mix oil, brandy, orange juice, orange zest and beaten egg together.
- Add 3 cups sifted flour,sugar , ground cinnamon and cloves.Mix well until combined. Add remainder of flour if needed.
- Roll into shapes and place on paper lined trays
- Bake for 15-20 mins in a 180 °Celsius.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- Cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce temperature to simmer for 7 minutes uncovered.
- Dip biscuits into hot syrup turning over once on each side ( not long as goes too soggy)
- Place on tray and sprinkle with chopped walnuts