It is so moist that I made it as a cake in a circular spring pan. But wonderfully delicious in a loaf pan for a slice. It’s different then the typical mix wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix dry in a bowl. Combine. Still easy to do, but the steps are in a slightly different order than the norm. Very delicious. After tweaking this wonderful recipe, a present this great banana bread recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 7% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (~ 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter 9×5 inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add 2 eggs, vanilla and mix well
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and stir until smooth. Do not over stir!
- Add yogurt, bananas, and walnuts to butter mixture. Fold in until incorporated
Spread evenly into the prepared pan.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
- Can add 1 tsp cinnamon to flour mixture
- Can use sour cream instead Greek yogurt
- Instead of folding in walnuts, you can sprinkle on top
- I doubled the recipe, used a spring pan and baked for 1 and 30 minutes. Check at 60 min and every 5-10 minutes after
- Can mix in a 1/2 bag of chocolate chips with the banana step
- I think I’ll lesson the sugar by 1/4 cup next time because the bananas were really sweet.