I don’t know the sex. Hubby knows. I was thinking to find out at the 20-week ultrasound next week, but on the fence. He hasn’t told anyone because I don’t want anyone messing up and inadvertently telling me. His mom is dying to know if she’s going to finally have a granddaughter. I don’t ask Franklin what it is. If I wanted to know I could find out myself. And I don’t want to put him in an awkward situation of whether he should tell me or not. I’ll yell at him if he gives it away, so why bother asking?
But, I think it’s a boy. I was throwing out names and a girl name I gave before he found out he didn’t like. When I saw it now, he’s like “that’s fine”. Must be a boy cause he doesn’t care what girl name. Right?! All I want is healthy. Of course I’d love to have my little girl. If it’s a boy, I’m going to have to install a freaking urinal! LOL
Based on old wives’ tales on how to tell if you are having a boy or girl here’s how I’m having a girl!
- Heart Beat – If your unborn baby’s heart rate is above 140 beats per minute, you’re carrying a girl, and lower means a boy.
- Mine was 155 at the last OB appointment
- What side do you like to sleep on – If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you‘ll have a boy. Right side?
- I prefer my right. Although, I do flip back and forth because my arm goes numb and my back hurts and the heartburn
- Dry hands– Your hands are dry then you’re having a boy.
- My hands are a bit dry. It is winter at the moment. But, not super dry all the time. That counts, right?
There are others that would indicate a boy based on the old wives’ tales, but we won’t pay attention to those.
A gender reveal party sounds like fun. So many fun ideas on Pinterest. But, my dad doesn’t want to know. He made it pretty clear not to tell him. How would I have a party without my dad there?!
To find out or not find out…..I’m just not sure.