Once in a while I try a new recipe and make it my own. I was inspired by this Buzzfeed post 15 Easy Desserts You Can Make From Boxed Cake Mix. There was one called 3-Ingredient Dunkaroo Dip that I thought the children would love at my kid’s b-day party. I liked that it was only 3 ingredients, easy to make, and that it was fun for the kids.
I followed it the recipe and found it was too thick for my taste. So, I adjusted it and made it a consistency and taste I found more palatable. I wonder if it’s because I used a Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip cake mix rather than the Pillsbury FunFetti cake mix listed in the original recipe.
- 3/4 box Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip boxed caked mix (Or Pillsbury FunFetti cake mix)
- 3 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tub Cool Whip topping
- rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Mix cool whip, yogurt and cake mix until smooth and well mixed.
- Optional: Sprinkle sprinkles on top for decoration.
- Teddy graham cracker cookies
- UPDATE – use 3/4 bag of cake mix instead of 1 whole box. Much better. Not as sweet. I suggest add 1/2 box of cake mix. Then keep adding a bit more and mix until you reach desired sweetness. Used 750 ml of vanilla greek yogurt.