This drink is refreshing and delicious! The way I make it it has way less sugar and fat than the traditional Vietnamese Avocado Shake I found here. Instead of water going to try with coconut milk. Have to try to get calcium into my Boy 2 with all the allergies. And he loves this!
1/2 a ripe avocado
1-2 tsp sugar (depending on taste)
1 cup crushed ice
1 cup water
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into the blender
- Add crushed ice, 1 tsp sugar, and water
- Blend and taste. Add other tsp of sugar if needed. Add additional water to get the consistency preferred
- I love boiling some large tapioca in sugar water and adding it to my version of an avocado shake for a chewy goodness. But, even without the ‘bubbles’ it’s delicious. When I do this I add very little sugar since the tapioca will be sweet.
- My dad prefers it without sugar. Still delicious for those who are diabetic
- The original is made with condensed milk and milk. This way is richer and extra deliciously decadent.
- Avocados are a great source of ‘good’ fat. And perfect to add some vitamins to the kids diet.
- Might try it with brown sugar, honey, etc. to add the sweetness instead of white sugar