We have tons of fruit in the house. Grapes, cherries, mango, blackberries, strawberries, apples, banana, and a pineapple. If you keep it cut up and available it will be easier to choose a healthy snack rather than cookies, chips, and candy. For me and The Boy!
This is my first attempt at Pineapple Upside Down (PUD) Cake . If you have an amazing PUD cake recipe that you are famous for, please share! I am willing to do a recipe exchange. Inbox me on FB, share it here in the comments section or email me (either you have the email address or you don’t. sorry, not going to share it on this public forum. I know, paranoid right??)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups fresh pineapple – peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Put 1/4 cup butter into 9-inch circle pan and place into oven until butter is melted. Then stir in brown sugar.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture in three parts alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Place the cake in the middle of the oven. Bake for 40 to 55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edge, and invert the cake onto a plate. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.